Photo by Chunky Monkey Photography

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Puppy Love

The boys had a great time making their own valentine's this year. We chose to opt out of the superhero cards you can get at the dollar store this year. Nelson went with semi-homemade cereal box valentine's and Henry with homemade cards. The cereal boxes were a spin on something I found on pinterest. Everything turned out really cute!

All of this valentine business has sparked a couple of conversations. Henry's ended with me saying, "I don't care how pretty she is, it is NOT okay for you to be one of her FOUR boyfriends!" Forget the fact that you aren't old enough anyway... I'm okay with a little puppy love at this age but really? Nelson's on the other hand was much better. It went something like this: "Mom, Jane (fake name to protect identity, lol) sent her friend to tell me she has a crush on me. I told her to tell Jane that I'd see her in 6th grade. Jane#2 also likes me." So glad he is going along with the whole you're not old enough thing. It's been a while since we've talked about that so I'm surprised. Funny thing is, we never put an age on it, just a generic you're too young. Apparently he thinks 6th grade is old enough! :)

2 comments:

  1. This made me seriously LOL! If it makes you feel better, AJ is in 6th grade and totally still not digging girls. Apparently he broke this one girl's heart. She had a friend approach him at the library and he was all, "Um, yeah. Totally not into dating anyone. We're too young." These girls are something else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go AJ! Girls are so forward these days! I don't remember being like that...

    ReplyDelete